Welcome to The Policy Circle, it is our intention to build a safe forum for enriching and thoughtful conversations. We agree to adhere to the following principles:
- The free-enterprise system works: We believe the core idea that free market practices and policies provide greater opportunity and better lives, even for the most vulnerable in every community.
- Social issues are not discussed: Public policy discussions of certain social issues can be divisive and distracting, so we agree to a “truce” on those issues while we focus on key issues affecting our communities.
- Fact based dialogue: We learn through reliable data driven research from well-known and respected sources.
- Learn from each other: There is value in having face to face discussions in a safe forum that empowers women to share ideas, find their voice, learn from each other and get engaged.
- Each of us are agents of change: We seek to increase the number and power of women who support these ideas. Talk about The Policy Circle!
- What is said in a circle stays in a circle: Circle discussions are “Off the Record” meaning that what is said in a Circle is not intended to be attributed publicly to the person speaking publicly or recorded. If however, a person writes on the website, in a blog, in social media or speaks at a gathering or public forum, she cannot expect that those statements will be maintained as “off the record.”
- Privacy of Contact Information: Circle members do not use the contact information of other members for business or fundraising purposes.
- The Policy Circle is a 501(c)(3) charity. As such, it does not engage in lobbying or political activity. We respect your opinions and affirm your right to lobby or engage in political activity in your individual capacity. However, Circle Members are not permitted to lobby or engage in political activity on behalf of, or using the name of, The Policy Circle.
We look forward to the change in conversation.