It’s hard to believe how quickly the coronavirus (COVID-19) has changed our lives and is shaping a “new normal” of public interaction. We continue to be grateful for the first responders across the country who have cared for the sick, the leaders who face unprecedented challenges balancing the health of individuals and the financial well-being of their communities, and the businesses owners and everyday citizens who are making sacrifices and taking precautions to help keep people healthy, in lockdown and as states begin to open up again.
Below you’ll find a weekly recap of news that inspires and gives us hope, highlighting that small actions and thinking outside the box in the way we respond can have a big impact.
- Currently Listening to Shaping History: Women in Capitol Art
- #InThisTogether: Mommy & Me Boutique Keeps Selling In A Pandemic
- Planning for the Reopening is as Important as Managing Through the Shutdown – Kenneth Hersh, chief executive of the George W. Bush Presidential Center
- Innovation at Work During Lockdown: Teen Math Whiz Is Tutoring More Than 600,000 Students Online Amid Lockdown
- J.K. Rowling Just Released Her New Children’s Book Online for Free
- Delivery Driver Stops to Pray While Dropping off Medicine for High-Risk Child
- Volunteer Pilots Are Flying Puppies Across The Country So They Can Start Their Service Dog Training
- Husband and Wife Team Up to Help Small Businesses in Virginia:
Have a story of innovation or what businesses are doing to mitigate the transmission of the virus? Share to The Policy Circle social accounts or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share Your Story of Impact
How can you lead during an uncertain time? Step up and contact your local representatives: Share how COVID-19 and the shelter-in-place orders are impacting you and your community or your business, or stories of organizations that are innovative in shaping public policy. Use this helpful template to get you started. You can also write a letter to the editor of your local or a national publication. Here’s how.
An Investment in The Policy Circle = An Investment in Your Leadership Skills and Your Community
Do you find these conversations enlightening? Has your engagement with the Policy Circle been valuable to you and your community? We need your support to continue to provide virtual experiences, reliable content and programming to our 3,500 members around the country.
Host Your Own Virtual Circle
A recap of our virtual experiences are available here and could be a great launching point for your circle conversation. Or explore The Policy Circle Brief Library and utilize the following Briefs to spur engaging and timely conversations: Healthcare, the Federal Debt, U.S. Constitution. Don’t forget to review the Playbook to facilitate effective conversations.
Questions about hosting your first Virtual Circle meeting? Get in touch with our member experience staff who can guide you through the easy process.
Inform. Inspire. Develop Civic Leaders.
Connection is at the heart of The Policy Circle’s model and mission. More than 3,500 women across the country gather regularly to learn about public policy and take action in their communities. Circles provide a safe, encouraging environment that fosters friendship and purpose. We celebrate our shared love of country, community and our growing tribe of women who are changing the conversation. For more information visit www.thepolicycircle.org.